#7: Nadya Khoja from Venngage: From First Marketing Hire to Chief Growth Officer
This is a conversation with Nadya Kohja. She is the Chief Growth Officer at Venngage, a SaaS software that enables users to create infographics.
When Nadya Khoja was offered a job at Venngage (a SaaS software that enables users to create infographics) she’d had no previous marketing experience.
With a background in theatre, she knew her creativity would be useful as a marketer, and eventually, her previous training, her desire to learn, and hard work paid off. She is now the Chief Growth Officer of Venngage and part of the management team.
In our conversation she talks about her interesting journey and spills the beans on how she managed to make that transition from a marketing one-man-show into a top leadership role.
Nadya is also an avid writer and speaker on marketing topics and has been featured in publications such as Forbes, The Next Web, Huffington Post, Entrepreneur, Mashable, Wired, and CBC News.
- Nadya’s Journey from One-Man-Show to Chief Growth Officer (1:37s)
- A Managers’ Bottleneck Problem
- Ownership and Accountability
- Hacks and Experiments vs. Strategies
- Challenges and Fuckups
- Communication and One-On-One Meetings
- Advice to Nadya’s past Self
- Analytical Ability: The Metaskill for Marketers
- On Feeling like an Imposter as a Manager
- Nice Managers vs. Effective Managers
- Internal Collaboration between Departments
- How the Venngage Marketing Team is Structured
- About Venngage as a Company
- Education Resources for Marketing Leaders
- What Nadya is looking for in a New Hire
- How Nadya Executes Good Ideas
- About Personal Branding
- Marketing Channels that Currently work
- Product Marketing
- How Nadya is Finding the Right People to Contact
- Favorite Resources and Books
- Forget The Funnel
- Shape up by Basecamp
- Similar Web
- High Output Management
- Creativity Inc.
- Thinking Fast and Slow